Friday, March 28, 2014

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

When I began reading this book I thought I wasn't going to finish it because it was so boring. The concept of a society based on people having to have surgery at 16 to make sure they are beautiful and all the same essentially was enough to entice me to stick it out. As I kept reading the novel became slightly more interesting, then slightly more, until it got to the point where I was engrossed in it. It's a pretty good story where Tally, an Ugly, who wants to be a Pretty and undergo the surgery at 16, finds out that your brain is altered in the process of making you pretty. Tally also experiences romance with a person named David,an Ugly who was never raised in the society where she grew up and thinks that Tally is beautiful the way she is. A rebellion against the society begins with Tally and David at the core. I would give this book geared for teens a 7 1/2 out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment