Thursday, July 28, 2011

Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King

I enjoyed this book and found it interresting. This was a teen book. I enjoyed the twists in the story and I enjoyed slowly finding out what was going on. Although Vera was the main character, some of the story was told from the point of view of Vera's friend/boyfriend and her father. Time also jumped around. In one chapter Vera would tell the story from when she was 14, in another chapter when she was 17, and in another chapter she would tell it from the present. I liked the ending and how the father and daughter reconciled by Vera deciding to tell the police that Charlie wasn't responsible for the pet shop burning down. Vera asked her father to go with her. She trusted him and turned to him for help. She understood how to help her father after the father's sad neglect from his mother by letting her father know that she loved him and needed and appreciated him. Outside of the profound amount of swearing, this book was really good. I also was grossed out by the perverted guy in the car that Charlie sold his underwear to. Gag. The wife beating thing was hard to read about as well, but these two circumstances didn't get so overwhealming that I regretted reading it and things like this happen, that still doesn't mean I want to read about it though. I would give this book an eight out of ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment