Saturday, October 13, 2012

One Day by David Nicholls

I didn't want to like this book because the morals were quite low concerning the main character Dexter.  Emily and Dexter are the main characters of the book.  The description David Nicholls uses in the novel are interesting.  I enjoyed reading it, but the characters' actions were disgusting. 

I found myself really wanting to know what was going to happen to Dex and Em and their relationship.  I didn't realize I was so involved in their characters until I got to the ending and the surprising twist of fate made me emotionally upset.  I am now the same age the characters were in the book at the ending of the book (mid-40s) so in that way I related to the book as well. 

I don't know England very well and I feel I got to know it somewhat through the novel.

The author was a good storyteller.  I would give this book a 6 1/2/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment