Friday, October 11, 2013

Deception Point by Dan Brown

Not usually my style of book, but I did enjoy this one.  Corruption in the government leads to death and an unbelievable survival story surrounding Rachel Sexton who works for a top secret area of the government.  Her father is Republican and obviously the author is liberal because all the dishonesty flows from the Republican side, so that was skewed, but the saint-like liberal current President seems to have the country and Rachel's best interest at heart.  Corruption abounds, however, when other parties become involved, because a liberal President, according to this author, would never do anything dishonest or misleading.  People under this saint of a president clamor for money and glory when a ground-breaking and earth-shattering discovery is made up north in a remote and dark section of the Arctic.

I was entertained reading this book and found the story engaging.  The characters were not developed enough for me, however, they were appropriate for the type of novel it was and any more character development for some could be viewed as annoying.  This isn't usually my style of novel, but I did enjoy the story. I would give this a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment