Monday, August 11, 2014

Northanger Alibi by Jenni James

I found this book very predictable and unexciting. I read it because my daughter read it. She's seventeen. I'm 46, so perhaps that is why I found it very boring. I can't even describe it without making it sound stupid.  My daughter really enjoyed it though. I think, to make a long story short, the squealing about being kissed thing was portrayed too many times in the same story to be exciting. It was also not written in a way that engaged me nor was the story line captivating to me. My daughter enjoyed it though, as I mentioned. I'm pretty sure it is an age thing.

A seventeen-year-old rock star who is undercover as a normal person, falls in love instantly with a sixteen-year-old girl who has no idea who he is and treats him as if he's slightly weird and doesn't just find him gorgeous as does every other girl. The Sixteen-year-old girl, Claire, loves the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer and she thinks the rock star is actually a vampire.

Anyway, I wasn't into it at all. I'm sure though, this novel has it's place among teens. I would give it a 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment