Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Paper Towns by John Green

This was a well-written book. I get a little bit irritated when people use classical literature or mythology in their writing and John Green used the former. I just feel like it's cheating. You're not actually using your story-telling skills, your trying to show how well-read you are, or you're using someone else to leverage your writing because you can't do it on your own. I guess society is so pervasive that it may be difficult to avoid doing this, but then I guess it will usually bother me then. I also don't really enjoy Walt Witman.

This boy called Quentin who is around seventeen and in his last year of school before he goes to university has a crush on a girl named Margo who goes missing and throughout the book he tries to find her. I think there's self-actualization going on as well.

What I really enjoy about John Green's writing are the witty little comments and banter between characters. It makes me really enjoy whatever is going on in the story he's writing about. I would give this book a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment