Monday, September 8, 2014

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

What a touching ending.  I read the last seven or so pages at work in the break room and I couldn't cry, otherwise I might have. My throat was all tight. I didn't like some of the thoughts and ideas about life and how to live, but I could understand it and I enjoyed the book overall.

Here's a bit of the story: A seventeen-year-old girl named Mia who gets in a car accident with her father driving and her mom in the passenger seat. Mia's brother Teddy is beside her in the car. Mia is seriously injured and in a comma, but she can see and hear everyone and walk around and view her body and all the people trying to save her life. Mia recounts episodes in her life and ends up having to make a decision of if she should die or stay on earth with her body. She gets to see everyone talking about her and hear what they think.

Mia's boyfriend Adam is one of the most important people in her life along with her mother, father, brother and friend Kim. I didn't like some of the language and ideas.

I would give this book an 8 1/2/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment