Monday, November 17, 2014

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

Horrible book. I was so entertained by Gone Girl that I wanted to read all of Gillian Flynn's novels. I'm done at this one. It was so dark and disgusting that I could barely make it through the book. Extremely negative circumstances overall. The very ending held out a bit of hope, but I would never want to read a book like this on purpose again. There is a lot of blood, gore, dysfunctional relationships, and general ugliness. The language is really bad and the darkest parts of peoples' personalities are revealed. Horrible book.

A woman named Libby who is in her early 30s had her family murdered by her brother. The true killer is researched by a reluctant Libby and I would say her brother isn't totally innocent. This portrayal is far beyond what a person would describe as trash. Sick book.

I would give it a 1/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment