Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent

This book is about a little boy who became extrememly ill when he was three-years-old because of a burst appendix. The doctors thought he was going to die and offered the parents no encouragement when they brought him in as they didn't want to have them think for a minute he would live when they were so sure he would die. The child ended up living and over the course of months which followed the father and family figured out that the child had experiences with Heavenly beings.
Personally I find this book very easy to believe and I have no doubt whatsoever that this kind of experience could happen. I even think that this kind of think happens often enough. I am not entirely sure the child wasn't coached somewhat by his father (who was/is a preacher) or family, but I did enjoy the book and I would never say that this didn't happen for the boy. I also believe that the boy had experiences with Heavenly Beings. I would give this book a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment