Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Calico Joe by John Grisham

This book was very boring as I can't stand baseball.  Watching it is bad enough, but trying to force myself to read it is super duper bad.  The writing is quite good though and did keep me engaged.  I enjoyed the underlying story about the tension between the father and son.  The writing was good enough to incite feelings of me wanting to read another John Grisham novel, which was Restitution, which was brilliantly written.  I was sorely dissappointed that the characters were not real in either of the books because I became so engaged in them.  John Grisham is very good at pointing out what is true and fiction his novels.  There are a lot of real characters in the Calico Joe novel, just not the MAIN ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment