Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Wave by Susan Casey

This book was pretty good.  It was written somewhat like a scientific report combined with a novel.  This book is true and based on research.  It was very very interesting.  I don't understand how the author got enough money to do the research going to Hawaii and around the world examining waves.  I now completely understand who Lloyd Hamilton is.  He is one of the greatest surfers ever, going after surfing 40 foot waves... what a crazy man.  He's married to some famous ex-basketball player or something like that.  I found out a great deal of things concerning waves and I thoroughly enjoyed the book despite my preconceived notions that the book would be very dry.  I'm kind of scared about the size of waves in the ocean now, which I gather from the book they are getting larger as time goes by.  I'm still not entirely sure if the research means waves are necessarily becoming larger, maybe people never studied them to the depth they are being studied today.

I would give this book an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment