Thursday, April 11, 2013

An Accidental Light by Elizabeth Diamond

I was surprised that I liked this book.  I thought I wasn't going to at first because of the cover (making a heart sign with your hands and light coming from your hands and the rest of the cover dark).  It was good though.  I liked how the author wrote the book from different view points.

A police officer (I think he was off-duty) hit a child with his car and killed her.  She died in his arms.  The book centers on how this affected the police officer, his family, the mother and father of the child who died, and basically everyone in the book.

I thought it was entertaining to read.  It wasn't a book where I can't put it down, but I did enjoy reading it.  I know someone who died young though, and it made me cry thinking of the feelings these people were going through.

I would give this book a 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment