Thursday, April 11, 2013

Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

I read some reviews on this book and the reviews were very harsh.  This was definitely a book for teenagers.  The reviewers were all angry that the people in the book were white or caucasion and there were no other colors.  They were also very angry that it was written from a religiou,s and to them, close-minded, point of view.  I thought it was a great book.  If you don't like it, don't read it.  I thought it was fine.  Although, for me, a tad boring.  I am 45 years old though, and the people in the book are teenagers.  I think there is nothing wrong with all the characters being religious and white and that it is ignorant to fault the author for that.  If the characters were all black and non-religious would white religious people get all mad?  People should respect each other.

As for the book, It was about angels who come to earth to help out the humans and the cause for good.  An angel falls in love with a human boy and they end up being girlfriend/boyfriend.  My teens really enjoyed this book.  They bought all three in the trilogy.  I thought it was OK.  I would give it a 6/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment