Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Daughter-In Law by Diana Diamond

Again, someone ridiculously wealthy is in the picture as the main characters and the underdog less financially successful person is victimized by the wealthy person's brutality and selfishness.  This story theme will not change my desire to become ridiculously wealthy, although I am sure I never will, I would still not pass up the opportunity if it arrived and I could live within my morals.  This novel was different enough from the other novels by this author to merit reading.  It was still interesting.  I did not enjoy the brutality of the characters, even the heroine seemed to lack virtue to a large degree.  I suppose the characters could be categorized as generally leaning to more good than bad or generally leaning to more bad than good depending on the character.  Most of the characters were no just all bad or good, except Jimmy Farr.  I think he was portrayed as only bad.  I felt so glad he got his in the end.  I wish real life were like that! I would give this book a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment