Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Good Sister by Diana Diamond

I found myself respecting the author 3/4 of the way through this book regarding the plot of this story.  I don't think I could have written a mystery story so well.  I thought the language was rude and I wish she would have omitted it.  Most of her books have a crudeness that I would rather not allow into my life, not that I'm any better, but I don't want to invite what I recognize as undesirable since I have enough character I would like to work on in myself already. 

Once again, people who are ridiculously wealthy are the main characters in the book.  The exception to this book was that EVERYONE was ridiculously wealthy or had been at one point in their lives. Padraig was poor, but he was never really struggling like most people do in "real" life.

Two competitive twins fight over Padraig, a famous and, at first, thought to be wealthy actor.  Eventually they find out Padraig is on the verge of poverty (probably living like a real person) and he marries one of the sisters (Jennifer) who is thought to be the less attractive and the more brainy of the two.  Christine, the outgoing voluptuous siren ends up sleeping with Jennifer's husband and several attempts at murder eventually end in death. 

I really enjoyed this novel.  The violence and swearing was too much. The murder is so creepy the way the author gets right into the logistics of killing someone.  She almost makes it seem like it's a good idea to murder someone, or the thought process is rational.  It's very unsettling.  The story, though, is quite intriguing and holds my attention.  I find the story entertaining.

I would give this book an 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment